Dry Eye Evaluation
Depending on severity, evaluations may be scheduled anywhere from every 1 month to every year.
- Biomicroscopy lets your doctor evaluate for signs of dryness or scarring from mild to severe dryness
- Special drops and dyes let your doctor measure how fast your tears evaporate as well as their overall quality
- Your oil ducts are evaluated for atrophy or poor oil production
- Special procedures can be ordered, like placing punctal plugs into the tear ducts to increase your tear amount
- Reports can be sent to your medical doctor to coordinate care if your dryness is related to an auto-immune condition